替代 loans are available to students who are not eligible for financial aid or who need additional funds to meet educational expenses. 学生资格 is determined by the cost of attendance minus other financial aid. 此外， lender will review the student's 信贷 history as well as other factors to determine 资格. Students may be denied by one lender and approved by another because of the different ways the 信贷 information is interpreted. Note: 利记APP官网状态 Community College will not certify an 替代 Loan for a 双录取, Fast Track or any high school student. 这些学生不符合资格 for 选择贷款 at 利记APP官网状态 Community College
替代贷款并不适合所有人. 的y can be expensive and should only be utilized when all other federal resources, such as Federal Direct Stafford and Federal Direct PLUS贷款，已经用尽了.
的 金融援助 Office encourages all students eligible for federal loans to maximize their 资格 before borrowing any 选择贷款s.
Before applying for an 选择贷款, the student should contact the Financial Aid Office to ensure they have received their maximum 资格 in federal aid and help determine the correct amount to borrow in an 选择贷款. 替代 loans should only be used as a last resort when there is no other type of funding 可用于支付学费.
It is recommended that students review many 选择贷款 lenders and research their policies and loan terms to decide which lender is best for the student. 的 金融援助 Office will process an 选择贷款 with the lender of your choice.
要求因贷款人而异. 下面列出了一些最常见的需求 下面.
- 的 borrower must be enrolled, accepted for enrollment or previously enrolled at an eligible degree-granting institution within the last 365 days.
- 借款人必须是美国公民.S. citizen, permanent resident or eligible non-citizen with 公民身份的适当证明.
- 的 borrower must be a student attending school full-time, half-time, or less than 休息或参加预备课程.
- 的 borrower still needs funds after maximizing grants, scholarships and federal student 贷款,
- 的 borrower does not qualify for federal student loans
- 的 lender may determine which programs they will allow a student to borrow on an 选择贷款.
- 许多教育贷款涉及费用. 的se fees are usually presented as a percentage 申请的贷款金额. Fees are usually added to the amount requested to borrow – but sometimes they are deducted from loan proceeds. 学生应参考他们的 selected lender and read the promissory note carefully to determine the type of fee (如有)与贷款有关的资料.
- 一些贷款 are more 信贷-sensitive than others. 另类贷款有特定的 qualifications and may have higher rates and fees for borrowers with less than perfect 信贷.
- When shopping for an 选择贷款, be aware that the advertised interest rate may be introductory or limited to highly qualified borrowers. 你的速度 offered may be considerably higher depending on your 信贷 worthiness.
- Deferment is an important principle in student loans. 因为在很多情况下，学生 do not have any income, lenders are often willing to allow deferment of payments while the borrower is enrolled in school at least half-time. 在此期间，利息 may accrue, but the student does not need to make any monthly payments. 一些贷款 will allow the student to pay the accruing interest during this time; these are called 利息支付.
- Deferment usually lasts from the time the money is taken until graduation, plus some additional number of months, called a “grace period.(这通常是6到12个月.) This will vary from lender to lender, and product to product, so check each loan for details.
- Borrower benefits can significantly alter the cost of the loan. 一定要研究一下 the fine print on a lender’s borrower benefits and comply with the student requirements 在协议中.
- Some borrower benefits can be lost if a student fails to continuously pay on time and/or discontinue use of auto debit for the monthly payment or
- Some borrower benefits can be lost if the loan is sold to another lender
- Some borrower benefits can be lost if the student does not complete the terms of the 贷款合同.
- 利用互联网. 搜索列出其他贷款人的网站. 阅读消费者报告 帮你找到信誉良好的贷款人.
- 替代 loans should only be used as a last resort when there is no other type 可用于支付学费的资金.
- Students should compare multiple lenders and loan programs. 记住，这些决定 made will affect the borrower for the life of the loan.
- Generally, a co-signer with good 信贷 can help secure a lower interest loan with 无费用或低费用.
- Keep a copy of the loan application and other related documentation for the student's 记录.
- When speaking to lenders on the phone, always get the name of the person. 记录 of the address, phone number, and fax number of the lender so they can be easily contacted 还有其他问题.
- Check the status of the loan request by calling the lender’s borrower services department. 确保提供了所有必需的文件.
- Make sure that the “Mailing Address on your MyWallaceState account is up to date. Checks for 选择贷款s are mailed in the same process as student refunds. An invalid address may cause long delays in receiving funds.
- 替代 loan applications will ask that the student enter a requested loan period, 或者你需要贷款的日期. 使用学期的开始和结束日期 所要求的贷款.